If pollen and seasonal allergies are in full swing in your area, a simple way to escape the irritants is to improve your home’s indoor air quality. The indoor air quality (IAQ) refers to the air quality within and around your home and other structures, especially as it relates to the health and comfort of yourself and anyone else occupying the space. Understanding and controlling common pollutants indoors can help reduce your risk of indoor health concerns and create a space to escape outdoor allergens.
Improving your IAQ can actually be simpler than you think! An overhaul of ventilation or new systems is not needed to feel a difference in your home’s environment. Instead, try some of these simple ways to improve your air quality as soon as this week.
Tips To Try
- Change your AC filter. It’s as simple as that! If it’s been some time since your filter was last replaced, purchase a new one and notice a difference fairly quickly.
- Replace other filters, too. Your AC filter isn’t the only filter that needs to be replaced regularly. Things like your vacuum filter, your dryer filter, and your kitchen vents should all be regularly cleaned or maintenanced.
- Check on your air ducts. It’s obvious the vents through which fresh air travels in your home need to be clean in order to produce high-quality air. Not only should these also get mainenanced every so often, but a quick check to make sure everything is working properly can also be helpful. If a vent gets pushed out of place or a seal breaks, this can greatly impact your IAQ.
- Break out the vacuum. If vacuuming isn’t a regular in your household, this is another simple way to stay on top of dust, dander, and other irritants. Pay extra close attention to any rugs in your home, as they tend to hold into particles and trap in dirt.
- Add some natural additions to your space. We mean plants! Plants are known for being nature’s natural air filter, and that holds true for indoor spaces, too. Not only do they look beautiful and add interest to a space but they will in fact actually improve your IAQ.
Call The Experts
If you have other concerns about your indoor air quality or need some help changing filters or looking into HVAC maintenance, Bear Services is here to help. Schedule your service today or call our team at 484-202-3594.